Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Math and Technology

Hello 2-3 Families!

I hope you are enjoying this gorgeous winter day!  There are two quick things I wanted to update you on....

1.  TECH CLUB
Tech Club will be starting this week.  Mrs. Crandall and Miss Bandur will be hosting Tech Club on Fridays and it will be meeting during the kids' lunch recess time about twice a month (on Fridays) through May 17th.  I will randomly draw names on those Fridays so that students who are interested have a chance to participate in Tech Club.  What a great opportunity for the kids!  Thank you Miss Bandur and Mrs. Crandall for hosting Tech Club again this year.  

2. PARTIAL SUMS
Who knew as a parent you would have to learn math in a whole new way?!?!  I know the partial sums addition method is quite different from the "carry the one" method we grew up with so I put together a video that actually shows how this method works.  I know the Everyday Math Home Links do a great job of explaining it, but in case you are more of a visual learner and want to practice what I am doing, here is a quick video.  If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.



Have a great day!

- Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!